BHARTIYA MANAV VIKAS EDUCATION SOCIETY was formed in the year 1993 by a group of eleven persons who had a zeal of doing social work particularly in the field of education. This group of persons coming from different walks of life is dedicated to serve the society and the nation as a whole selflessly and without any greed of wealth and position.
The main objective behind the formation of such society was to dedicate for the cause of education, uplifting the socially and economically backward citizens.
- To establish and run educational and training Institutions; schools and Colleges, in different faculties of knowledge i.e. academical, medical, agricultural, computer, Management, professional, cultural, musical, scientific and industrial training institutes.
- To run free hostels for students of economically backward sections, to run library and make available educational books and literature, to render help to poor students by providing scholarship, books, uniforms.
- To help and guide young through vocational guidance centre and through which Career and through which career and personality development programmers will be organized and follow up given in their respective areas.
- To establish and run physical training centers, Yogasan Kendra, Vyayamshala, to train the Members of public in kabbadi, kho-kho, Volleyball, Football, cricket, carom, to organize Tournaments to prepare teams to participate in National and International Sport events to arrange study tours.
- To spread modern scientific knowledge through the open education centres.
- To pay special attentions towards adult education in the society.
- To develop the spread of Nationality & national integrity in the public through the educational media .
- To work on Handicraft extension by establishing training centers of Handicraft artisans to enhance their quality and production by using latest technologies and to acquire the objects of the society and to organised seminars for marketing of handicraft products.
- To undertake Central and State Government or National & International NGO projects for the welfare and up-liftment of handicraft and Handloom artisans where in similar objects of the society.
- To organise Design workshops, Technical workshops for Handicraft and Handloom trainees.
- To undertake overall developmental & promotional activities of Handicraft, Handloom and Khadi Gram Udyog schemes.
The Society has been undertaking following activities for the benefit of students, artisans, economically backward section of people and public at large:
1. Programs on National Integrity
2. Awareness campaign for Pulse Polio program.
3. Bhartiya Balwadi providing education to school drop outs of slum areas.
4. Medical check up Camps
5. Dental Check up Camps
6. Free workshop & training in Dress Designing & Dress making.
7. Free workshop & training in Interior Decoration.
8. Free seminars on various subjects of social importance.
9. Free workshops on – Fabric painting, Entrepreneurship development, Personality development etc, beauty make ups etc.
10. Vocational, Technical, Management Education
11. Exhibitions of crafts & garments.
12. Showcasing student designers’ garments through exhibition & Fashion Shows
13. Seminars & workshops for the development of Handicraft
14. Conducting Handicrafts exhibition cum sale for promoting & marketing of Handicraft merchandise.
15. Free workshops and training for Handicraft artisans on Tailoring & Embroidery.
16. Representing Handicraft artisans in Gandhi Shilp Bazar
17. Industrial visits
18. Educational tours
The institution is recognized by following state boards & University and has been successfully conducting below mentioned courses:
1. Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Examination (MSBVE), Mumbai, conducting vocational courses such as Certificate courses in Fashion Designing; Interior Designing.
2. Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai (MSBTE),Mumbai conduction Advance Diploma in Apparel merchandizing .
3. O/o the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India New Delhi conducting training for handicrafts artisans.
The Society has provided vocational training in tailoring and embroidery to the unemployed & economically backward youths, Handicraft artisans & weaker section. The unemployed youths thus trained at IIDT have been provided with gainful employment at our own centre for making garments / uniforms, hospital uniforms and other textile related items for schools, colleges & hospitals.
Seminars, Workshops & Exhibitions
To create awareness & to promote the activities of Handicrafts, our society had been conducting various seminars & workshops in & around Nagpur.
- Two day Vidarbha level seminar was organized by us at the Hotel Heritage on 14th & 15th December 2009 sponsored by Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), New Delhi. The program was a huge success.
- Ten days Exhibition cum sale was organized in Nagpur in from 19th January to 28th January 2013 at Keshav Bhavan Dharampeth, Nagpur sponsored by Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), New Delhi. The exhibition has achieved its motive of creating awareness about handicraft heritage among the masses and also provided market outlets to the Craft persons. The exhibition has also enabled artisans to achieve better returns for their products besides creating productive employment.